Meeting GGV Avocats – Rechtsanwälte / BerMüPa 2022
As every year, GGV Avocats – Rechtsanwälte had the pleasure of meeting the students of the BerMüPa programme of the University Paris II Pantheon-Assas on Thursday, December 15, at the offices of GGV Avocats – Rechtsanwälte.
BerMüPa is unique in that it is an integrated 5-year double degree programme (Master 2). The first three years are spent at the University Paris II Panthéon-Assas in Paris. At the end of the third year, the participating students can choose to study at one of the two German partner universities, namely the Humboldt-University of Berlin (HU) or the Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich (LMU), where they follow the fourth and fifth years of the programme, each of which leads to a double degree.
GGV Avocats – Rechtsanwälte entered into a partnership agreement with the University Paris II Panthéon-Assas on 13 July 2018 and has been supporting the BerMüPa programme ever since in different ways, namely:
– By offering internship opportunities to students within the GGV law firm,
– by organising meetings between the students of the programme and members of the firm, with the assistance of the relevant officials of the University Paris II Panthéon-Assas,
– by awarding a merit scholarship to the student who obtains his or her Licence (Bachelor) degree with the highest grade average, in order to support his or her installation in Germany.
This year, Emma Larue was awarded for her excellence.
(Photo : Ms. Caroline Simon & Ms. Emma Larue)
We were able to congratulate her and present her with her scholarship in our offices on Thursday, 22 December 2022.
Over the years, this fruitful partnership has allowed us to introduce students to the work of a Franco-German law firm and has also resulted in the integration of former BerMüPa students into the firm’s legal teams.
We would like to thank the following persons for their dedication and commitment:
The members of the University Paris II Panthéon- Assas bringing this partnership to life:
– Ms Nicolas-Vullierme, Senior Lecturer HDR – Head of the Franco-German BerMüPa programme – Director of the Department German civilization, language and law,
– Ms Ségolène Gacic – Assistant to Ms Nicolas-Vullierme,
the members of GGV Avocats – Rechtsanwälte who ensure the follow-up of the partnership and the supervision of the students:
– Ms Caroline Simon, Partner and in charge of the parnership,
– Ms Catherine Stary, Counsel,
and last but not least all the firm’s lawyers and trainees who prepared and participated in this event:
– Ms Manon Colin, Associate,
– Ms Leonie Babst, Associate,
– Mr Nicolas Gille, Trainee Tax Lawyer.
As every year, this event was marked by the enthusiasm and interest of both the participating students and their contacts at the firm.
This new success, of which GGV Avocats – Rechtsanwälte is very proud, encourages us to continue this partnership, which is enriching and valuable for both the firm and the students.