GGV helps its clients to address risks by protecting corporate data (business confidentiality), employee data, and customer or prospect data (personal data) and to seize the new opportunities offered by the data economy.
In this context, our lawyers conduct audits (compliance audits, due diligence), carry on mappings (of protectable data and information, of risks), conduct privacy impact assessments (DPIA), draft and negotiate confidentiality agreements, and assist companies in the development, implementation and monitoring of compliance programmes (personal data).
GGV also assists its clients before the administrative authorities (CNIL) and the judicial – civil or criminal – and administrative courts, as well as before the police authorities, particularly in the event of a data leak or cyber-attack. GGV assists its clients in preventing cyber risks (negotiating cyber insurance, assistance in drawing up prevention plans) and in the event of a cyber-attack (dealing with insurers, etc.).
Finally, our lawyers act as outsourced DPOs for certain clients with cross-border activities.
GGV’s lawyers assist and defend the interests of our clients in relation to:
- e-commerce (drafting of General Terms and Conditions, setting up of purchase tunnels that comply with consumer law and pricing regulations, defence before the courts in the context of consumer disputes);
- online content liability, dereferencing and e-reputation (privacy, image rights, denigration, online press offences);
- online games.
In a transnational legal environment, GGV helps companies to structure, protect and defend their intangible assets, through
- registering and monitoring of trademarks and designs, and creating Soleau enveloppes;
- structuring, negotiating and drafting contracts (operating licences, assignment contracts, etc.)
- assistance before management bodies, defence before the courts (civil, criminal, etc.) in the context of actions for infringement, unfair competition or parasitism.
GGV assists its clients in drafting and/or negotiating IT contracts (outsourcing, maintenance, cloud computing, SAAS, software licences, etc.).
GGV also assists its clients in the pre-contractual phase, drawing up specifications or formulating requirements.
Finally, GGV intervenes, in cooperation with GGV’s litigation team, when the question arises of failure to fulfil the contract.
Our teams are trained in decentralised technologies and have solid experience of web3 projects (blockchain, cryptocurrencies, NFT, Metavers), governance/DAO, crypto compliance and personal data protection.
The challenges, both ethical and technical, associated with Artificial Intelligence are also at the heart of the issues our teams deal with on a daily basis.
The firm’s involvement in all areas of innovation means that it is able to provide support to technology project leaders who wish to pursue projects that are both ethical and sustainable.