GGV helps its clients to face risks by protecting corporate data (business secrecy), employee data, and customer or prospect data (personal data) and to seize the new opportunities offered by the data economy.
In this context, our lawyers conduct audits (compliance audits, due diligence), carry on mappings (of protectable data and information, of risks), conduct privacy impact assessments (DPIA), draft and negotiate confidentiality agreements, and assist companies in the development, implementation and monitoring of compliance programmes (personal data).
GGV also assists its clients before the administrative authorities (CNIL) and the judicial – civil or criminal – and administrative courts, as well as before the police authorities, particularly in the event of a data leak or cyber-attack. GGV assists its clients in preventing cyber risks (negotiation of cyber insurance, assistance in drawing up prevention plans) and in the event of a cyber-attack (interventions with insurers, etc.).
Finally, our lawyers act as outsourced DPO for certain clients with cross-border activities.
GGV’s lawyers assist and defend the interests of our clients in relation to:
- e-commerce (drafting of General Terms and Conditions, setting up of purchase tunnels in compliance with consumer law and price regulations, defence before the courts in the context of consumer disputes);
- online content liability, dereferencing and e-reputation (privacy, image rights, denigration, online press offences);
- online games.
In a transnational legal environment, GGV helps companies to structure, protect and defend their intangible assets, through
- registration and monitoring of trademarks, designs, Soleau enveloppes;
- structuring, negotiating and drafting contracts (operating licences, assignment contracts, etc.)
- assistance before management bodies, defence before the courts (civil, criminal, etc.) in the context of actions for infringement, unfair competition or parasitism.
GGV assists its clients in the drafting and/or negotiation of IT contracts (outsourcing, maintenance, cloud computing, SAAS, software licences, etc.).
GGV also assists its clients in the pre-contractual phase, in drawing up specifications or formulating the expression of needs.
Finally, GGV intervenes, in cooperation with GGV’s litigation team, when the question of the default performance of the contract arises.