GGV Media – Anti-corruption issues : New French Sapin II Law on transparency
Compliance & Ethics Professional – April 2017
Article written by Maria Lancri
- The Sapin II Law provides for a compliance obligation and describes what a compliance program should be.
- The Sapin II Law provides for some extraterritorial reach.
- To issue recommendations and control the implementation of this program, the la creates an anti-corruption agency.
- The French DPA has now been enacted, very much inspired by the UK procedure.
- Are all these new tools going to be convincing enough to consider that France’s fight against corruption has reached international standards?